EPISODE 8: SEPTEMBER IN DECEMBER
Song: Michael Praytor, Five Years Later
Song: Is This Love?
Artist: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Album: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah *****
HI! THIS EPISODE IS AMAZING! CYHSY put out exactly one fantastic record, and you’re listening to a part of it right now if you’re reading the blog in sync with the episode like you said you would. Seriously, so great. Front….
….
…
uh-To Back. Good time for indie rock that was, yes? Suddenly bands start showing up like ‘Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, and The Go Team! and !!!. Their second record had a couple fun tracks.THE THIRD ALBUM IS SHIT. But don’t let that ruin this album – it’s so good. K… the track’s still going. Sorry. But you promised. Read this one again, I don’t know.
HI! THIS EPISODE IS AMAZING! CYHSY put out exactly one fantastic record, and you’re listening to a part of it right now if you’re reading the blog in sync with the episode like you said you would. Seriously, so great. Front….
….
…
uh-To Back. Good time for indie rock that was, yes? Suddenly bands start showing up like ‘Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, and The Go Team! and !!!. Their second record had a couple fun tracks.THE THIRD ALBUM IS SHIT. But don’t let that ruin this album – it’s so good. K… the track’s still going. Sorry. But you promised. Read this one again, I don’t know.
Song: Enjoying Myself
Artist: 1990s
Album: Cookies ***
Has anyone else heard of these guys? I’ve been sitting on this record since 2008. I didn’t just play some bullshit music television jam did I? That happens sometimes. It happens. I don’t know, I don’t listen to anything I didn’t download – I don’t know what you heard at the grocery store. I heard fucking Naked and Famous at the bowling alley last Christmas (bitches!) and I almost puked up my peanut buster parfait. Wait no – dilly bar.
Good record throughout. Worth hearing.
Has anyone else heard of these guys? I’ve been sitting on this record since 2008. I didn’t just play some bullshit music television jam did I? That happens sometimes. It happens. I don’t know, I don’t listen to anything I didn’t download – I don’t know what you heard at the grocery store. I heard fucking Naked and Famous at the bowling alley last Christmas (bitches!) and I almost puked up my peanut buster parfait. Wait no – dilly bar.
Good record throughout. Worth hearing.
Artist: Ben Folds Five
Album: The Sound of the Life of the Mind ***
They're back! Their first album in 13 years as 'the five, and it basically picks up right where Reinhold Messner left off. Fuzzy bass lines, upbeat/offbeat piano stylings and the clever lyricism of Mr. Folds himself, that we all missed and seemed to not shine through as much on his solo efforts. As an album front to back it loses a little bit of steam throughout the middle to end of the record, but regardless it will most definitely please hardcore BF5 fans. This disc will take you back and make you reminisce of the early 2000's and the first time you heard 'Whatever and ever amen'. And also make you remember that that bitch still didnt give you back your black t-shirt.
Song: West Coast
So fucking good. Did anyone actually like Phantom Planet? I thought it was bullshit. Like, my whole opinion of Jason Schwartzman was decided for years after I heard his bullshit alt-pop band play Letterman. Fuckin’ the OC. Coconut records is just perfectly what you (I) want his solo project to be. ESPECIALLY THIS ALBUM AND WHY DID THEY CANCEL BORED TO DEATH I’M MOVING TO CANADA
Song: Fineshrine
Purity Ring intrigues me. I'm really eager to see if this whole dirty south hip hop styled beats underneath dream pop instrumentation & vocals could take off. Seems like it could, no? This Canadian duo has come out with a release that I think separates themselves from the oh so many reverbed-to-shit shoegazers out there. They've put a fresh spin on things. I think I like it. Excited for more.
Song: Apocalypse Dreams
Holy Shit – forget what I said about everything else THIS IS THE BEST. Probably the best record of the year. I don’t know what to say. Ok. This deserves some thought. I think that this album reminds me of everything I loved about the Chemical Brothers that wasn’t electronic. I guess that leaves the psychedelia, And they do it way better. Pure trip. So brilliant. First LP was great, too. Top two spots on the vinyl xmas list.
Song: Tourist
Let’s all just take a minute to appreciate Bunsen’s outstanding dedication to the cast. I get to just sit back and appreciate some outstanding work. THIS TRACK FOR EXAMPLE HOLY SHIT. This album needs to be heard and sat down with. It’s a sitter. Did everyone hear about this sitter? I don’t think so. I hope so. Oh man. So good. It drives me CRAZY when people aren’t hearing this shit. I have to live with that knowledge until like 4 years later and then Bon Iver wins a grammy and… wait.

Song: 128 Harps
Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep-BOP- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- BOP- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- BOP- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- BOPADOOOOBOP!
Four Tet, from his recent singles collection. Feel.
Song: Impulse (ft. Daedelus)
A filthy beat record from a hyped up-and-comer. Lots of blips and chaos and filth. Pretty rad. With Daedelus, huh? Huh.
Song: Real Talk
Let me first preface this blurb by the fact that I will ALWAYS love Bloc Party, no matter what they release. It may take me a bit to come around to it, but I know I'll eventually be loving it. (Case in point, their last release 'Intimacy'). I was ecstatic at the news of their reunion and announcement of the release of 'Four' and for good reason. If they lost their initial fan base with how electro Intimacy was, I think they may have just won them back with this release, which is a return to their roots so to speak. As cliche as it is to say, they really have managed to blend the elements of all 3 albums into the stylings of Four. And have done it well. I mean how about that banjo section in 'Real Talk'?!?! SUCK ON THAT, MUMFORD!
P.S. They absolutely killed their set at Osheaga this past summer. I lost track of how many boots to the head I took by crowd surfers. That usually constitutes a high energy show, doesn't it? (Or at least a concussion)
Song: Waiting In Wisconsin
To be honest, I don't know much about these guys. I came across them as a part of the soundtrack for surf documentary 'Twenty Thousand'. As far as I can tell, they were a featured band on Australian radio station Triple J and only have this one EP out. Great surf-vibey tunes though (and I don't mean in the Dick Dale sorta way). Get out your board, get down to the beach and get inside some dirty tubes.
They're back! Their first album in 13 years as 'the five, and it basically picks up right where Reinhold Messner left off. Fuzzy bass lines, upbeat/offbeat piano stylings and the clever lyricism of Mr. Folds himself, that we all missed and seemed to not shine through as much on his solo efforts. As an album front to back it loses a little bit of steam throughout the middle to end of the record, but regardless it will most definitely please hardcore BF5 fans. This disc will take you back and make you reminisce of the early 2000's and the first time you heard 'Whatever and ever amen'. And also make you remember that that bitch still didnt give you back your black t-shirt.
Artist: Coconut Records
Album: Nighttiming ****So fucking good. Did anyone actually like Phantom Planet? I thought it was bullshit. Like, my whole opinion of Jason Schwartzman was decided for years after I heard his bullshit alt-pop band play Letterman. Fuckin’ the OC. Coconut records is just perfectly what you (I) want his solo project to be. ESPECIALLY THIS ALBUM AND WHY DID THEY CANCEL BORED TO DEATH I’M MOVING TO CANADA
Song: Fineshrine
Artist: Purity Ring
Album: Shrines ***Purity Ring intrigues me. I'm really eager to see if this whole dirty south hip hop styled beats underneath dream pop instrumentation & vocals could take off. Seems like it could, no? This Canadian duo has come out with a release that I think separates themselves from the oh so many reverbed-to-shit shoegazers out there. They've put a fresh spin on things. I think I like it. Excited for more.
Song: Apocalypse Dreams
Artist: Tame Impala
Album: Lonerism *****Holy Shit – forget what I said about everything else THIS IS THE BEST. Probably the best record of the year. I don’t know what to say. Ok. This deserves some thought. I think that this album reminds me of everything I loved about the Chemical Brothers that wasn’t electronic. I guess that leaves the psychedelia, And they do it way better. Pure trip. So brilliant. First LP was great, too. Top two spots on the vinyl xmas list.
Song: Tourist
Artist: Port St. Willow
Album: Holiday *****Let’s all just take a minute to appreciate Bunsen’s outstanding dedication to the cast. I get to just sit back and appreciate some outstanding work. THIS TRACK FOR EXAMPLE HOLY SHIT. This album needs to be heard and sat down with. It’s a sitter. Did everyone hear about this sitter? I don’t think so. I hope so. Oh man. So good. It drives me CRAZY when people aren’t hearing this shit. I have to live with that knowledge until like 4 years later and then Bon Iver wins a grammy and… wait.
Song: 128 Harps
Artist: Four Tet
Album: Pink ***Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep-BOP- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- BOP- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- BOP- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- Yep- BOPADOOOOBOP!
Four Tet, from his recent singles collection. Feel.
Song: Impulse (ft. Daedelus)
Artist: The Gaslamp Killer
Album: Breakthrough ***A filthy beat record from a hyped up-and-comer. Lots of blips and chaos and filth. Pretty rad. With Daedelus, huh? Huh.
Song: Real Talk
Artist: Bloc Party
Album: Four ****Let me first preface this blurb by the fact that I will ALWAYS love Bloc Party, no matter what they release. It may take me a bit to come around to it, but I know I'll eventually be loving it. (Case in point, their last release 'Intimacy'). I was ecstatic at the news of their reunion and announcement of the release of 'Four' and for good reason. If they lost their initial fan base with how electro Intimacy was, I think they may have just won them back with this release, which is a return to their roots so to speak. As cliche as it is to say, they really have managed to blend the elements of all 3 albums into the stylings of Four. And have done it well. I mean how about that banjo section in 'Real Talk'?!?! SUCK ON THAT, MUMFORD!
P.S. They absolutely killed their set at Osheaga this past summer. I lost track of how many boots to the head I took by crowd surfers. That usually constitutes a high energy show, doesn't it? (Or at least a concussion)
Song: Waiting In Wisconsin
Artist: We Say Bamboulee
Album: Bush Tricks ***To be honest, I don't know much about these guys. I came across them as a part of the soundtrack for surf documentary 'Twenty Thousand'. As far as I can tell, they were a featured band on Australian radio station Triple J and only have this one EP out. Great surf-vibey tunes though (and I don't mean in the Dick Dale sorta way). Get out your board, get down to the beach and get inside some dirty tubes.












